See? We even made a fancy graphic for it. That's how serious we are about this, folks.
By the way, even though all thirty-five of our favorite albums appear in that graphic, they are not in the correct order. So feel free to guess our #1. Or you could just continue reading.
The Culture Brats Top 35 Albums Of 201135. Ben Folds, The Best Imitation Of Myself: A Retrospective
34. Tom Waits, Bad As Me
33. The Black Keys, El Camino
32. Coldplay, Mylo Xyloto
31. R.E.M., Collapse Into Now
30. White Lies, Ritual
29. Cloud Nothings, Cloud Nothings
28. The Sounds, Something To Die For
27. Ellie Goulding, Lights
26. Dynasty Electric, Golden Arrows
25. Kurt Vile, Smoke Ring For My Halo
24. Tally Hall, Good & Evil
23. Raphael Saadiq, Stone Rollin'
22. The Decemberists, The King Is Dead
21. Paul Simon, So Beautiful Or So What
So far so good, right? Onward to the Top 20!
The Culture Brats Top 20 Albums Of 201120. Thee Oh Sees, Castlemania
19. Feist, Metals
18. Girls, Father, Son, Holy Ghost
17. Radiohead, The King Of Limbs
16. Lady Gaga, Born This Way
15. Arctic Monkeys, Suck It And See
14. Bon Iver, Bon Iver
13. The Naked And Famous, Passive Me Agressive You
12. Foster the People, Torches
11. Rival Sons, Pressure & Time
Ok... Here's the moment you've been waiting for.
The Culture Brats Top 10 Albums Of 2011 (Now With Video!)
10. PJ Harvey, Let England Shake
9. Is Tropical, Native To
8. Wild Flag, Wild Flag
7. Patrick Stump, Soul Punk
6. Adele, 21
5. Wilco, The Whole Love
4. Foo Fighters, Wasting Light
3. Beastie Boys, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two
2. Florence + The Machine, Ceremonials
1. AWOLNATION, Megalithic Symphony
If you're a regular reader of Culture Brats, you shouldn't be surprised with our number one selection. We've been crushing on AWOLNATION since October of last year, when we gave "Burn It Down" the SmackTalk treatment. Since then, we've featured the band several times and even interviewed Aaron Bruno a few months ago.
Simply put, AWOLNATION's first full-length album, Megalithic Symphony, rocks.